Speed gates are increasingly being used in public transport systems around the world. They offer a number of advantages over traditional turnstiles, including faster throughput, improved security, and increased accessibility.
Speed gates are able to process passengers more quickly than traditional turnstiles. This is because they have wider openings and can accommodate multiple passengers at the same time. This can be especially beneficial during peak travel times, when large numbers of passengers are trying to enter and exit public transport stations.
Speed gates can also help to improve security in public transport systems. They can be integrated with fare collection systems to prevent fare evasion. They can also be used to control access to restricted areas, such as train platforms and bus depots.
Speed gates are designed to be accessible to all passengers, including those with disabilities and those carrying luggage. They often have wider openings and slower operating speeds than traditional turnstiles. This makes them easier for passengers to pass through, even if they are carrying large items or have difficulty moving.
Benefits for passengers
Speed gates offer a number of benefits to passengers, including:
- Faster throughput: Passengers can enter and exit public transport stations more quickly, which can save them time and reduce stress.
- Improved security: Speed gates can help to improve security in public transport systems by preventing fare evasion and controlling access to restricted areas.
- Increased accessibility: Speed gates are designed to be accessible to all passengers, including those with disabilities and those carrying luggage.
Benefits for public transport operators
Speed gates also offer a number of benefits to public transport operators, including:
- Increased revenue: Speed gates can help to increase revenue by preventing fare evasion.
- Reduced costs: Speed gates can help to reduce costs by reducing the need for staff to monitor fare collection and access control.
- Improved efficiency: Speed gates can help to improve the efficiency of public transport systems by allowing passengers to move through stations more quickly.
Speed gates offer a number of advantages over traditional turnstiles for both passengers and public transport operators. They are faster, more secure, and more accessible. As a result, they are increasingly being used in public transport systems around the world.